Special Session on Continuous and Numerical Analysis in the Control of PDE's (SS 9A)
The session will bring together researchers who are actively engaged in the study of certain qualitative and control theoretic properties of solutions to partial differential equations (PDE's), and/or in the numerical analysis of relevant quantities (e.g., optimal feedback control laws consequent to numerically approximating the solution to large matrix Riccati equations). The Session will be principally focused on equation of hyperbolic and parabolic type (such as wave, elastodynamics, heat) arising from models observed in the fields of science and engineering: specific examples include fluid flow regimes, fluid-structure interactions, structural acoustic interactions, thin plates under the influence of thermal effects, elastic bodies under frictional contact, biological phenomena, etc.
Link to the main AMS page for the Meeting.
This Special Session is partialy supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant DMS-1001130.
The AMS Meeting will commence on Friday, October 14, at 2:45 pm, and will close on Sunday, October 16, at noon. Our session will run Friday through Satrurday. The Session Schedule is now available.
Abstract submission is now closed.
Other special sessions of interest
- Special Session on Asymptotic Behavior and Regularity for Nonlinear Evolution Equations (Code: SS 4A)
- Jack Cooper (Clemson University)
- Yu-Min Chung (Indiana University)
- Matthias Eller (Georgetown University)
- Yanqiu Guo (University of Nebraska-Lincoln)
- Weimin Han (University of Iowa)
- Scott Hansen (Iowa State University)
- Mike Jolly (Indiana University)
- Marta Lewicka (University of Minnesota)
- Milena Stanislavova (University of Kansas)
- Atanas Stefanov (University of Kansas)
- Nicolae Tarfulea (Purdue University)
- Daniel Toundykov (University of Nebraska-Lincoln)
- Erik Van Vleck (University of Kansas)
- Justin Webster (University of Virginia)
Travel and local info
- Visit this page for information on presentation equipment, UNL computing facilities and on-campus wireless access.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the organizers: