Support the Department of Mathematics
The generosity of our friends and alumni helps to support all aspects of the Department of Mathematics. In these times of financial constraint, we rely more than ever on donations to enable us to excel in our research, teaching, and outreach missions. Just in the past year, we have made use of these funds to support many scholarships for undergraduate students, for graduate and undergraduate awards, student activities, research conferences, research visitors, to name postdocs and professorships in the department, for our work with the mathematical education of teachers, and many aspects of our extensive educational outreach program.
I greatly appreciate any contributions that you are able to make, large or small, to sustain and grow our Foundation funds in support of our work. I invite friends of the department to donate to the UNL Mathematics Department Fund or to contact me to discuss donations to support a specific purpose, either through existing funds or through the creation of a new fund. Donations made to the department through the University of Nebraska Foundation are tax deductible.
With best regards,
Chair, UNL Department of Mathematics
How did curiosity move you to where you are today?
You can also:
- Outreach programs, such as Math Day and All Girls All Math
- Undergraduate scholarships for math majors
- Graduate student support for travel to professional meetings, fellowships, teaching and research awards
- Support for an enhanced postdoc program
- Faculty research support
- Additional endowed professorships in mathematics
- General department support